- Parks & Recreation
- Public Parks & Beaches Division
- Dog Park Rules & Regulations
Dog Park Rules & Regulations
- The off-leash dog area is for dogs, their handlers, and those accompanying them. No other use is allowed. Dogs are the only animals permitted in the areas.
- For the safety of your child, children under the age of 16 years old are not allowed inside the off-leash dog area.
- All dogs must be legally licensed and vaccinated and shall wear a visible dog license.
- Dogs under 4 months of age, and female dogs in heat, are prohibited.
- Dogs must be on a regular leash when entering and leaving the off-leash area. No retractable flexi leads or muzzles are allowed.
- Dogs must wear collars while in the dog area. Spiked collars (with spikes protruding from the collar) are prohibited, prong or pinch collars are allowed.
- Dogs must be under the control of their handler, and in view of their handler at all times.
- Handlers must be 16 years of age or older and are limited to a maximum of two dogs.
- All handlers must carry a regular dog leash at all times.
- Handlers are responsible for the removal and sanitary disposal of dog waste. Disposal bags and trash receptacles are provided.
- Handlers are responsible for filling any holes dug by their dogs.
- Handlers are responsible for any injuries caused by the dog(s) under their control.
- Dogs must be removed from the off-leash dog area at the first sign of aggression toward other dogs or people.
- Dog Owners are responsible for supervising their dogs while at the park, and do not allow barking to become excessive. While we understand that dogs will bark, we need to be considerate of our neighbors.
- Dogs cannot be fed while in the dog park enclosed area, this includes training treats.
- No food or glass containers are allowed in the dog park enclosure.
- Please use the proper trash or recycling receptacles. As per park regulations, smoking, alcohol, and fires are not allowed.
- Dog park hours of operation follow the Dartmouth Regional Parks and Trails facility hours.
Park capacity: 12 dogs; if the park is at capacity, please limit use to 30 minutes.
Users of this facility do so at their own risk. The Town of Dartmouth and the Dartmouth Dog Advisory Work Group (DDAWG) shall not be liable for any injury or damage caused by any dog, or its owner.