- Town Government
- Boards and Committees G-Z
- Harbor Management Plan Implementation Committee
Harbor Management Plan Implementation Committee
Agendas & Minutes
Agendas are available prior to the meetings. Minutes are available following approval.
View Most Recent Agendas and Minutes
- David Tatelbaum
- Andrea Langhauser
- Roger Race
- Brian O'Hare
- Patricia Sweriduk
The Harbor Plan Implementation Committee seeks to prioritize and complete recommended management improvements identified in the Padanaram Harbor Management Plan (PDF) approved by the Select Board May 2019.
Our Committee has been appointed by the Town of Dartmouth Select Board to help facilitate the implementation of the new Padanaram Harbor Management Plan. Our role is to engage, discuss and
understand, from all the stakeholders in Town, any impediments or issues in implementing this detailed multifaceted document. While we are tasked with addressing the goals and objectives set forth in the Harbor Plan, we do not set policy for others. Instead, we hope to engage others as a team to identify issues and strategies.
The mission of the Committee is to improve water quality, increase public access, and provide natural resource protection of Padanaram Harbor and its surrounding area. The committee will: develop detailed action plans for the 14 topic areas identified in the plan that are in need of management changes or updating; and seek consensus across the town boards and committees and interested parties that share an interest in enhancing the economic vitality of the region.
Using the authority and direction provided by the Select Board, tasks shall include:
- Coordinate with Town Boards, commissions, committees, staff, and interested parties identified in the Plan as the likely parties responsible for implementing each recommended action
- Facilitate the completion of stated actions by providing committee support to resolve manageable obstacles
- Engage the support of waterfront landowners and town residents to improve water quality and public access to and along the harbor
The Committee shall consist of a minimum of five members appointed by the Select Board and shall provide reports on the status of the Committee progress on an annual basis.