What if I disagree with the assessed value of my property?

If you believe that your property is overassessed, not assessed fairly in comparison to other properties, or that it is not classified corrected, you have the right to file for an abatement of taxes. An application must be filed with the Assessors Office. Applications are available at the Assessors office or online. In filing an abatement application you will want to be specific about why you disagree with your assessment. Is there some misinformation on you property record card? Did you find values of comparable properties lower than your property? Please provide us with all the necessary information to support your position on valuation.

Show All Answers

1. What does the Assessing Department do?
2. What is market value?
3. How can my assessed value increase (decrease) when I did not do anything to the property in 5 years and I am not selling the property?
4. How are my taxes determined?
5. What if I disagree with the assessed value of my property?
6. When can I apply for an abatement on my Real or Personal Property?
7. How can I learn more about my rights for an abatements, exemption or deferral?