The Southworth Library's Children's Department is located on the lower level of the Southworth Library and serves children from infancy to their middle-school years. The Children’s Department includes:
- Books, movies, audiobooks and music CDs
- 3 computers for Internet, word processing and the library catalog.
- A Story Time Room which contains a puppet theater with puppets, a train table, assorted toys, a chalk board wall, the library's board book collection, and the Nancy St. George Early Literacy Collection.
- Early Literacy Station, a kid friendly computer with over 50 learning games on a variety of subjects. Opening the Door to a Lifetime of Learning.
- After School Edge, a complete, all-in-one educational computer solution that features content for all elementary school grade levels. The content covers all curriculum areas, including math, art, science, and vocabulary. With over 60 educational programs and hundreds of activities, children of every learning level will find the AfterShool Edge engaging and fun.
Great Websites for Kids – a resource from the American Library Association