View Contact Info
Hours of Operation
Monday - Friday: 8:30 am to 4:30 pm
How to Reach Us
The mission of Community Development/Grants Department is to undertake initiatives and identify opportunities to enhance the economic and social well-being of the Town – its residents and businesses.
- To research, secure and manage grant funds to support Town initiatives.
- To identify opportunities to increase affordable housing in Dartmouth.
- To provide a single point of contact for developers and businesses.
- To encourage and support an economic development strategy that supports appropriate businesses and industrial activities, increases development opportunities and strengthens the existing economic base.
- To work with Board and Commissions to protect the cultural, historical and agricultural resources of the Town while creating increased opportunities for economic development.
The Office of Development/Grants was created in May 2010 to provide the Town with expanded services which includes new grant development, community development, economic development, affordable housing, and energy and sustainability. The Office administers the Housing Rehabilitation Program, the Affordable Housing Trust, provides grant administration and project management on a number of projects and coordinates interdepartmental review of major development projects. The Director works very closely with SRPEDD (Southeastern Regional Planning and Economic Development District) and serves as the Select Board representative to the SRPEDD Commission.