The Town of Dartmouth’s website exists to:
1. Make public information more readily available thereby encouraging greater public understanding of town government and participation in the town’s governance.
2. Provide access to forms of electronic communication and e-commerce functions in order to enhance the traditional walk-in experience to our town departments.
3. Inform residents and visitors about government services and local attractions.
4. Use emerging technology, as it matures, to enhance town services.
Any information received through this website is subject to Public Records Law, M.G.L. c. 66, § 10, and as such, the Town of Dartmouth cannot ensure the absolute confidentiality of that information. Information received by the Town through this website may be made available to members of the public under that law as part of a public records request. However, no information received through this website will be disclosed except as required by law, regulation or court order.
Absent such required disclosure, any information received through this website will only be provided to those Town employees or officials whose knowledge of that information is necessary in the course of fulfilling their official responsibilities and duties. They will only use the information to answer your questions, respond to any requests for assistance, and fulfill the Town’s legal obligations. Additionally, no information received through this website will be sold or licensed.
2) General Disclaimer
The information and materials contained on this website have been compiled from a variety of sources, are subject to change without notice, may not be current and up-to-date, and should not be considered official public records. Do not rely on said information and materials without first verifying its accuracy with the appropriate town department, commission, board, committee or agency. The Town of Dartmouth makes no warranties or representations whatsoever with respect to content, quality, accuracy or completeness of any information or materials contained on either this website or any external website linked to this website. Additionally, the Town of Dartmouth disavows any legal liability for the content, quality, completeness of said information and materials.
Communications to the Town of Dartmouth via this website shall not be deemed to constitute legal or official notice to the Town of Dartmouth, its departments, commissions, boards, committees, agencies, officers, employees, representatives or agents for any purposes whatsoever, including with respect to any existing, pending or future claim or cause of action against the Town of Dartmouth or any of its departments, commissions, boards, committees, agencies, officers, employees, representatives or agents where such notice is required by federal, state or local law.
Any modification of the contents of this website without the express permission of the Town of Dartmouth is strictly prohibited. Violations of this policy will be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.
As discussed in the General Disclaimer, the Town of Dartmouth is not responsible for, and does not endorse, the information and materials contained on any external website linked to this website. Nor is it responsible for, and nor does it endorse, the individuals or organizations in charge of any such external websites. The Town of Dartmouth reserves the right to deny any and all requests for the placement of links on its website. The following criteria will be used to decide whether to grant requests for town website links.
The Town of Dartmouth website may provide links to websites for:
- Local, state and federal government institutions;
- Local educational institutions;
- Organizations with some relationship to the town (e.g., organizations contracting with the town, organizations sponsoring town activities or programs, and organizations participating in town activities or programs).
- Organizations providing significant information about art, cultural and sporting activities in the town’s area.
- Organizations providing significant information about employment opportunities in the Town’s area.
- Organizations providing significant information about tourist attractions in the Town’s area; and
- Non-profit organizations providing social services to the town’s residents without regard to race, gender or religion.
The Town of Dartmouth will not link to websites for:
- Political candidates;
- Individual or personal homepages
- For-profit organizations unless they fit any of the criteria stated above
- Organizations or individuals advocating a position on a local, state or federal issue
- Organizations or individuals that may be considered discriminatory on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, race, religion or ethnicity
The Town of Dartmouth Select Board reserves the right to remove, at any time without notice, any links deemed outdated, obscene, inappropriate or not useful.
Adopted March 23, 2009